About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Name: THE OLD BAILEY . Favorite quote: "Defend the Children of the Poor & Punish the Wrongdoer". Location: London. Hometown: LONDON Places lived: ALWAYS ON OLD BAILEY , LONDON. More about you: BUILT IN 1907 AND ADDED TO IN 1972 ON THE SITE OF NEWGATE PRISON. Occupation: A place of history and law. THIS WEBSITE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CITY OF LONDON OR THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE.

Wednesday 24 November 2010

FROWINGSTREET'S BLOG

Old Bailey, By Crikey!

by frowningstreet @ 2005-12-03 - 09:43:38 

I nipped into the Old Bailey to see the trial of the two guys accused of murdering John Monkcton. I must admit, it all seems a little strange to me, but then I am not a lawyer, so I will not preach.
But the funny thing was the nonsense about security. The Old Bailey is our highest security court. Our most dangerous criminals are tried there. Quite often, armed police block the road as the White Vans (used to be Black Marias, but there's politcal correctness for you) deliver the prisoners.
No phones, no knives, no guns allowed in the courtroom.
Pretty sensible really.
But the airport-style metal detectors don't work. Well they do work for the average guy-on-the-street, but I managed to defeat them.
Much to the amazement of the security guards. One of them was a charming lady, named after a Greek Goddess (she can be my Goddess any time!). I didn't show her how, but I did repeatedly take large metal items through the screen.
As serendipity would have it, I then bumped into (well through a shop window) Derren Brown. Now normally he can read peoples' minds. But I coudn't convey the fact to him that I had a fantastic trick of deception that he could perform in front of the cameras, the police , and the media. What a pity! But if anyone knows him, I will gladly show him the trick...it might make our courts safer.
And I even bumped into Colin Chapman (Trafalgar Square Sculptor of Baby Jesus) as he was positioning his statue. Lovely guy. Not sure I could get the sculpture out of the square without anyone noticing though.
I must stop this shameless name dropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment