About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Name: THE OLD BAILEY . Favorite quote: "Defend the Children of the Poor & Punish the Wrongdoer". Location: London. Hometown: LONDON Places lived: ALWAYS ON OLD BAILEY , LONDON. More about you: BUILT IN 1907 AND ADDED TO IN 1972 ON THE SITE OF NEWGATE PRISON. Occupation: A place of history and law. THIS WEBSITE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CITY OF LONDON OR THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

A MEMORABLE EXCHANGE BETWEEN COUNSEL AND WITNESS.....


FROM AN OLD BAILEY TRIAL……..

COUNSEL . Q : When you were sitting outside Kerry’s mother’s house , what were you thinking about ?

WITNESS “W” . A : Thinking about ?

Q : Yes.

A : Kerry

Q : Fondly ?

A : Pardon ?

Q : Fondly.

A : Are you taking the piss ?

Q : No , I am not. Mr. W***** , I am asking you a question and I expect the courtesy of an answer.

A : What do you mean , fondling ?

Q : Fondly.

A : Exactly . Elaborate on it . What do you mean ?

Q : Affectionately.

A : Playing with myself in the car ?

Q : Mr. W****** , please !!

A : what do you mean , fondling ?

Q : I am sorry ,…..FOND-LY !!

A : I thought you said fondling mate.

Q : There we are.

( MUCH LAUGHTER AND THE JUDGE EVEN BREAKS OUT INTO A SMILE )


No comments:

Post a Comment